Author Topic: Avast found Trojan Virus but unable to "Move to Chest"  (Read 3886 times)

prettychinita

Avast found Trojan Virus but unable to "Move to Chest"
« on: January 26, 2009, 06:42:11 AM »
Hi there! I have just scanned my system for the first time and did a thorough scan but 28% during the scan it found a Trojan Virus but I was unable to delete it.. It says it was a "process being used by another process" I have already deleted and uninstalled the file or application where it might be coming from.. Here are some screenshots of the problem:

I think it's a Win32:StartPage-483 Trojan Virus that I am unable to locate in my system folders.. I tried searching the file folder AppData where it might be located but I am unable to do so.. I only uninstalled Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition thinking that doing that might somehow help the problem but it doesn't.. I do not want to touch the registry folder since I might just delete some important registry files..

What should I do then? I have tried to re-scan my system for 4 (four) times already but its still the same thing.. I cannot just skip this virus though or rename it.. Or should I just delete it?? I need some help please.. I used McAfee before but it never detected this problem..
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:40:04 AM by prettychinita »

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: Avast found Trojan Virus but unable to "Move to Chest"
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:37:02 AM »
You can delete that file- it's just a crash dump report.

If you get any similar messages, try a boot time scan with avast! Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested. (Or open the tab at the top left of the scanner screen and select the boot time option from there.)

If you're running avast! for the first time, it's a good idea to run a boot time scan anyway.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

prettychinita

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:46:07 AM »
You can delete that file- it's just a crash dump report.

If you get any similar messages, try a boot time scan with avast! Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested. (Or open the tab at the top left of the scanner screen and select the boot time option from there.)

If you're running avast! for the first time, it's a good idea to run a boot time scan anyway.

Hi! The problem is I am unable to locate the file that's my problem.. I have already tried the Disk CleanUp by Windows but its still the same problem..  What would I do when it scans my system during the "boot time scan".. How do I delete the file? I mean what steps or options that I need to do then? Thank u very much for the reply as well..

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 08:08:16 AM »
You may need to enable the viewing of system files as described below:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html

You could also run a boot time scan and select the delete option for the .kdmp file. (For other files, select move or move to chest.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog