Author Topic: Avast on SBS2003: problems?  (Read 5137 times)

cesaren

Avast on SBS2003: problems?
« on: April 29, 2004, 05:22:40 PM »
Hi,
we have recenly installed a trial version of avast! 4 Small Business Server Edition on our brand new SBS 2003 server which was under constant attack by viruses and warms. Since the installation, we got rid of all the viruses, but we are experiencing some random restarts of the exchange information store and a general slowdown of the server with high CPU usage.
Have you ever seen something like that?
Any suggestions?

Thanks, best regards,
Cesare Navarotto

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Avast on SBS2003: problems?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 05:39:46 PM »
About the random restarts of the service... Try searching a file called "drwtsn32.log" on your system drive. It would be worth looking into it to see what happened.

About "general slowdown of the server with high CPU usage": which process is taking up the CPU? How large is the Exchange database? What is the hardware configuration of the machine? Is the CPU load high all the times, or just sometimes (e.g. after a virus database update).

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

jernej

Re: Avast on SBS2003: problems?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 10:57:46 PM »
Hi!
I just installed Avast SBS a few days ago on MS SBS 2003. The problem is when I restart the machine the service Microsoft Exchange Information Store does not start. Even if I try to start it manually it doesn't start.

In Event viewer I found 2 errors:
1.) Invalid virus scanner configuration. Unable to start virus scanner.
Check the following parameter: Library.
2.) Error 0x3ee starting the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.
Failed to init VSERVER.

When I stop Avast Exchange 2000/2003 provider, and MS SMTP 2000/2003 I can start the services again. The problem is when I start Avast providers again the exchange crashes. If I can not solve the problem we will have to refund the license fee.

Regards, Jernej

« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:10:59 PM by jernej »

jernej

Re: Avast on SBS2003: problems?
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 10:49:40 AM »
Reinstall of Avast solved the problem with Exchange information store service not starting.