Author Topic: Scan results  (Read 2325 times)

C - B

Scan results
« on: January 29, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
How would i set Avast to scan Docs and Settings please ? (see pic)

Click on image to enlarge

Cindy  :)

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
Re: Scan results
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 09:32:48 AM »
Hi, Cindy, short answer, it can't.
Simple explanation: that information indicates that the archive is password protected. If you were to maximise the scan report, and move the column headers as required, you'd be able to read the truncated text.
Avast is actually scanning a lot of the "documents and settings" folder, just not the particular ones listed, which I think belong to Spybot.
Such a report does not indicate (necessarily) a problem with the files, just that they can't be scanned. Other security programs (like Spybot, or AdAware) password-protect some of their files, because it is intended, quite rightly, that only access from within that program can alter them.
Hope that answers your question.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

C - B

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 02:06:55 PM »
(sorry for the delay in answering)

Yes it does, thank you Tarq57  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 04:26:29 PM »
This is normal in Spybot S&D and a number of security applications and you should check out this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=35347.msg297170#msg297170 for more information on why files can't be scanned. Pay attention to the bit about housekeeping, e.g. removing old restore data in S&D's Recovery area.

Files that can't be scanned are just that, not an indication they are suspicious/infected, just unable to be scanned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security