Author Topic: Problem upgrading to Pro edition  (Read 2613 times)

nam05

Problem upgrading to Pro edition
« on: January 14, 2009, 10:36:29 AM »
I subscribed to the professional edition, paid the money, received the 3 email notifications from element 5. Followed the instructions to the letter, pasted the license key in the start up window(just the key no blank spaces). It went into a quick download then installation, requested I reboot which I did. (I've done this 3 times now and had others check).

Restarted Avast and still only the free home edition. Can't go into the Enhanced User Interface, tells me it's only available with the pro edition. The reason I am trying to update is to use the cleaner, I keep getting the found malware alert.

Considering I've paid what I think is a substantial sum for the privilege I find it a bit of a concern that the only support I can get is through this public forum. Why can't i contact AVAST directly for assistance?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Problem upgrading to Pro edition
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »
You can contact Alwil team for sure... http://www.avast.com/eng/how-to-contact-alwil-software.html

See the tutorial:  http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm
Please take a look here: http://www.avast.com/eng/faq-invalid-license-number.html (hope it is not your case...).
The best things in life are free.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 02:43:58 AM »
The reason I am trying to update is to use the cleaner, I keep getting the found malware alert.

I don't understand this. The Home version is not limited in any way in its abiliy to remove malware compared to Pro, and avast! cleaner is a free tool.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

ianh64

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:40:47 PM »
I am having a similar issue. Just upgraded to Professional Family pack from home edition.

OS is Vista Ultimate (32bit)

Trying to turn push updates on but in normal (non admin) account, its telling me its a pro option and won't let me enable it (on my other machine its enabled by default) - the about screen is indicating that I am still running home edition, even though I un-installed home before installing the pro version and entering the pro license key. Uninstall of home was via the pro version setup program when it detected that I had another version of avast running.

However, under admin account, its all fine - indicates pro version and allows me to set push updates.

I installed under admin account. Can't remember what account I installed the home version under.

Any way that I can correct without a reinstall? If I do a reinstall, what account do I need to install from?

Thanks

Ian

- Program: Already up to date
  (current version 4.8.1296)
- Vps: Already up to date
  (current version 090129-0)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 08:42:31 PM by ianh64 »

ianh64

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 08:53:58 PM »
I have performed a reinstall of setupengpro.exe this time from the user account, entered the pro serial number and its still reporting home edition and I still can't enable push iAVS updates - get message saying that feature is only available in pro version.

Any suggestions please?

-Ian

ianh64

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 10:24:05 AM »
I have done a full uninstall using the cleaner program and problem persists.

I am thinking that it may now be a software issue rather than an installation issue.

Hopefully push updates and script blocking are enabled even though its indicating home edition and not allowing me to set push updates from the vista standard user account.

-Ian