Author Topic: Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.  (Read 13605 times)

bliss2012

Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:50:20 AM »
I cant seem to open virus chest.when I ran a scan and tried to move to chest It wouldn't let it happen...here's what the error report said:Program cannot use Chest client: (null) Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 05:02:44 PM »
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bliss2012

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »
im assuming av is antivirus ...no .no other antivirus program.when it caught a virus it suggest move to chest..i try t no avail.so i delete them.whn i go to simpleuser screen and click virus chest it cant load  virus chest files i get the"Re:  Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed."  Is it a setting on my pc...?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »
The RPC is an essential windows services and if it weren't working then very little else would work.

Yes AV is anti-virus and what is probable more important is was there ever another AV not just there isn't now, as this is a classic error with the presence of or remnants of another AV.

If it is a no to no other AV now or in the past, then try this.

Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.
If that doesn't work try, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

stevenshadow

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 01:23:32 AM »
I cant seem to open virus chest.when I ran a scan and tried to move to chest It wouldn't let it happen...here's what the error report said:Program cannot use Chest client: (null) Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.

Just bought a new HP P6240 that came with Norton. I removed first with the add/remove programs and then tried to install and got the above message. however before then I got a message stating that I upgraded my OS and the current installations of Avast can not run the avast antivirus needs to be reinstalled.  I have tried all the uninstall tools from norton and the one from Avast but no joy I still get these two errors.  I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit and trying the newest build of Avast. Please help I am at my wits end.  OH By-the-way I even went into the registry and removed anything from Norton and Symantec.

stevenshadow

Fixed!!! Virus chest server is not running. RPC communication failed.
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 03:15:55 PM »
Well, Got it fixed :D!!!!!  It took all of my previous steps and I had to search out Avast in the registry and delete all the entries that I could.  Once that was done it installed correctly with no errors. ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »
Glad that you finally have it resolved and sorry no one was able to pick up on your post sooner.

Happy New Year.

Welcome to the forums.