Author Topic: How do I format my computer, FOUND THE PROBLEM  (Read 13046 times)

Husk

Re: How do I format my computer, I cannot find 1 useful guide =Z
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 02:11:07 AM »
That will make 1 partition with maximum size.

I believe the last little bit of 8MB is reserved for Windows bootup. 

What will?

I'm making a fresh one, deleting the one I have

Jtaylor83

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 03:21:55 AM »
Why don't you buy and install another hard drive?

Husk

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 07:51:12 AM »
Because that's not necessary, A format deletes everything... So tell me. What point would buying another harddrive serve?!!

onlysomeone

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 09:01:10 AM »
and you say that you have a 250GB harddrive?

because in this widow you can see that it isn't anywhere near this number...
do you have a second harddrive?

i think that there could be a problem with the compatability and the windows installation CD - is this an XP-installation disc without any service pack?
because XP (without any sp) can't detect  big HDD while installation if you don't give it the needed drivers...

so this one listed there seems to be a smaller HDD and not the 250GB one - so its not possible to install widows there (hasn't this problem already been there once?)

or is this picture actually yours?

yours
onlysomeone

Husk

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 09:59:04 AM »
You forgot the picture >.< nevermind. That's just a picture of the net

But anyway, I found out the problem. It was avast crashing my comp when it detected something. I gotta find another av  :-\

the hard drive is that circle in c drive properties right? 250gb
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:20:02 AM by Husk »

YoKenny

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 10:07:12 AM »
You forgot the picture >.<

But anyway, I found out the problem. It was avast crashing my comp when it detected something. I gotta find another av  :-\

the hard drive is that circle in c drive properties right? 250gb

That looks like a 20GB drive to me.

Husk

Re: How do I format my computer, FOUND THE PROBLEM
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2009, 10:13:21 AM »
I don't know. Where do you 20 from?

Any ideas for another av?

YoKenny

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
I don't know. Where do you 20 from?

From the 15351 MB ( 15351 MB free ) indication.

For 250 GB it should be at least 215351 MB free.

Any ideas for another av?
Norton or McAfee.

Husk

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 10:23:05 AM »
Oh right, that pictures just of the net.

I'll go with norton or not. Gotta pay for it =Z Mcafee then, so does mcafee >.< Any free ones?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 10:24:54 AM by Husk »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 04:26:47 PM »
You don't need another AV you need to learn how to practice safe Hex. I have followed your posts over the time you have been on the forums you have a young persons cavalier attitude to security and have experienced many problems along the way.

During this time many people have gone a long way to help you resolve these problems. So whatever AV you choose, it better have good support, something which if frequently ignored until you need it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Husk

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 11:53:09 PM »

You don't need another AV you need to learn how to practice safe Hex. I have followed your posts over the time you have been on the forums you have a young persons cavalier attitude to security and have experienced many problems along the way.

Safe Hex?  Young persons cavalier? I'm still a kid. 13

During this time many people have gone a long way to help you resolve these problems. So whatever AV you choose, it better have good support, something which if frequently ignored until you need it.

Yeh, thanks people, I'm not sure what av to get. Avast never caused problems before.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 12:47:20 AM »
Yes, Hex as in hexadecimal or general computer use, not the other word, is the practice of exercising care on where you browse, the applications that you download and run is exactly what I'm talking about.

I know how old you are, which is why I mentioned young person (not kid). Many young people have a very laid back outlook, almost feeling invincible, offhand disregard; dismissive of risk, etc. cavalier attitude.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 12:54:01 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Husk

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 02:04:57 AM »
Yes, Hex as in hexadecimal or general computer use, not the other word, is the practice of exercising care on where you browse, the applications that you download and run is exactly what I'm talking about.

I see

I know how old you are, which is why I mentioned young person (not kid). Many young people have a very laid back outlook, almost feeling invincible, offhand disregard; dismissive of risk, etc. cavalier attitude.

Hehe, pretty much. It's just having fun ^^ But I try to not get viruses or that. Sometimes it just happens.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 02:06:43 AM by Husk »

ardvark

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 03:34:45 AM »
I'm still a kid. 13

Hi...

I'm sorry but I disagree with you. You are quickly approaching adulthood and will have to bear adult responsibilities. I was the same way when I was your age and was everything David described in his post along with being rebellious, smart mouthed and stiff necked (stubborn.) I can honestly tell you that I had to learn a lot of things in my life the hard way, in part, because I thought I knew everything. I wish I had come to the Lord when I was a child and not seen the things I have seen and been involved with and not felt the anger, hatred, self loathing, vengefullness and bitterness I had felt every day in my life for many years. I'm 37 and the Lord is now helping me to overcome the problems I took on as a result of the sin and lies I accepted as fact during those years. :)

Don't be deceived. There are many things the enemy (satan) would love to fill your mind, heart and time with. I know. Premarital sex, drugs and alcohol is just a smattering of them and they all lead to spiritual (and sometimes to premature physical death) unless one invites our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ into his/her heart and life and repents. It isn't a joke, it's VERY real! His Love and arms are open to anyone. :)

I would encourage you to take a look at the links in my signature area and, if you don't already, attend a church in your area that preaches the entire Bible and talk to their Pastor. Pick up a Bible and read the Book of John, for starters. Sincerely ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you. You will see. :)

"Don't be misled-you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant. Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful nature will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit." (Galatians 6:7-8 NLT)

May God Bless all of you! :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:24:37 AM by ardvark »

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 04:00:25 AM »
Quote from: Husk

Hehe, pretty much. It's just having fun ^^ But I try to not get viruses or that. Sometimes it just happens.
Careful.
Life imitates the virtual world sometimes. ;D
No, seriously, careful.

In answer to what paid AV you should have, maybe Avast pro.
But you probably want to try different stuff, see if that will work etc. Got to try these things for yourself. Try Avira, maybe AVG, wouldn't recommend Norton (except I've heard good things about the 2009 products) and not McAfee.
And after you've played around a bit with some of the others, I guess we might see you back.

The main thing I'd suggest to you is to back up anything important, regularly.
Get out more, enjoy our summer, practice safe whatever.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.