Author Topic: CAB files scanning ?  (Read 3897 times)

Waldo

CAB files scanning ?
« on: June 04, 2003, 11:02:35 AM »
Is there a way i can modify the .ini file or something else in the program (settings) so that the Home edition scans "CAB archives" also ?

Offcourse the resident shield will detect anything bad when i unpack & excetute the program. But Avast Home will not detect a downloaded (unopened) Cab archive in the main scanner. I would like to change this.

I know that this function is "normaly" only availble in the PRO edition, but since they are almost 99% identical, i honestly suspect it can be easely setup (Home ed) to scan cab's also.....

Kind regards,

Waldo

Pavel Baudis

Re:CAB files scanning ?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 11:50:15 AM »
Is there a way i can modify the .ini file or something else in the program (settings) so that the Home edition scans "CAB archives" also ?
No, there is no way how to do it - scanning of CAB archives is included in PRo version only. You can see all the differences here: http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1018.html

I know that this function is "normaly" only availble in the PRO edition, but since they are almost 99% identical, i honestly suspect it can be easely setup (Home ed) to scan cab's also.....
No way  ;D - features which are different are not included in the Home version at all - when you updgrade from Home to Pro, they will be downloaded as an extra!

Pavel

Waldo

Re:CAB files scanning ?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 12:52:52 PM »
fair enough ! :)

Thanks for the verry fast answers Pavel ! this is truly
remarking.

Keep up the good work.

(maybe i have to drink some beer less, and safe some money to buy Avast Pro, lol)