Author Topic: Avast for MacBook Pro  (Read 4775 times)

djwilliams52

Avast for MacBook Pro
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:26:07 PM »
Any idea when a free home version for MacBook will be available?

Offline Marc57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • KISS Rules The World!!!
    • KISS Army
Re: Avast for MacBook Pro
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:48:52 PM »
You might find more info. here:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0
You Wanted the Best You Got the Best the Hottest Band in the World KISS!!!

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 04:33:27 AM »
The mac version is not free, it costs $40 a year.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:13:09 AM »
I suppose I have to ask ... why does avast have a free home version for Windows and not for Mac?

I know that anyone who can afford a Mac must be a rich b*stard deserving to be fleeced of every penny that avast can get out of them ... but there may be a more than a few similar Windows users too.

(In reality ... I just had to face this issue as one of my support group decided to buy a new laptop to replace a vintage machine on which he had been playing with Linux and decided to go with Mac - when they were having a sale - and was disappointed to find that he could not get avast for free on his new Mac)

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 05:58:03 PM »
I suppose I have to ask ... why does avast have a free home version for Windows and not for Mac?

I know that anyone who can afford a Mac must be a rich b*stard deserving to be fleeced of every penny that avast can get out of them ... but there may be a more than a few similar Windows users too.

(In reality ... I just had to face this issue as one of my support group decided to buy a new laptop to replace a vintage machine on which he had been playing with Linux and decided to go with Mac - when they were having a sale - and was disappointed to find that he could not get avast for free on his new Mac)

I do not know why avast is not free for the Mac. But Mac users are not rich, they are ordinary people who just chose a Mac over a PC. There is no huge price difference now like there was in the 90s.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay