Author Topic: Licence File Problems with WHS  (Read 2111 times)

Iain. D

Licence File Problems with WHS
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »
I have purchased the Avast 4 Professional Family Pack & inserted the licence on three computers successfully, but when trying to insert the licence into Avast Antivirus on my Windows Home Server PC, the program tells me that the licence file is invalid. I have installed then re-installed Avast to no avail.

Any advice appreciated

Cheers,

Iain

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Licence File Problems with WHS
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 08:05:24 PM »
I don't use the WHS product, so I can't be any practical help. I also don't know exactly how you inserted the license into the windows home server PC.

WHS License - Extract from the Help file.
avast! WHS license information

The license for avast! WHS is in the style of a license file. You will be sent this, via email, upon making a purchase. You will then need to save the file to your WHS server, ready to be loaded into avast! Once saved, you should open the avast! WHS console, select the licensing option and choose insert license file. You can then browse the file system within the WHS server, for where you saved the file, select the file, and click OK.  The file will then be loaded into avast!

Should you have purchased the 'avast! Professional Family Pack', then this includes avast! professional licenses for upto 10 machines (in your household).  The license information for this is included within the license file and can be deployed to each machine by selecting the Deploy avast! professional edition license to all computers button.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Iain. D

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 08:36:30 PM »
Cheers for that, I was trying to insert the key the same way as on a PC.

Iain

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 09:50:14 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security