Author Topic: Problems with Local Disk & Updating programs  (Read 2425 times)

Zoko

Problems with Local Disk & Updating programs
« on: February 09, 2009, 04:02:09 PM »
I went to http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/ to see if I have any insecure/out dated computer programs which need updates (Everything is update to date on my (Local Disk [C]) to help keep my computer secure and better protected.

The problem is that Local Disk [D] which is my old one and now mostley used for extra storage. It still has some programs like Adobe/Java which are not up to date with updates and patches.

f I download the new updated versions of the outdated programs it will only replace/install over the ones on Local Disk [C] and not on my second Local Disk [D].

Any ideas?

ardvark

Re: Problems with Local Disk & Updating programs
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:03:54 PM »
f I download the new updated versions of the outdated programs it will only replace/install over the ones on Local Disk [C] and not on my second Local Disk [D].

Hi...

It should only install on your "C: Drive," unless you specify otherwise but it wouldn't surprise me if an updater attempted to take care of programs on both partitions. :)

May God Bless you! :)

YoKenny

Re: Problems with Local Disk & Updating programs
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 07:13:31 PM »
Delete the detected vulnerable applications from the Local Disk [D] as you won't be needing to backup to vulnerable applications.