Author Topic: License File  (Read 2254 times)

simonsimple

License File
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:08:24 PM »
Hi,

I recently purchased the Home Pro pack which is protecting my WHS, 2 PC's and 3 virtual PC's. I have 5 licenses left, a further 2 PC's of which I will add Avast shortly.

Today I received a U3 pen drive with Avast U3 edition pre-installed, I would like to use 1 of my remaining licenses to activate this but it doesn't accept my .dat license file and there doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter the license key number manually.

Is there a way I can do this? Any help much appreciated.

I have been to the support site today but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working.
My apologies if this has been covered before.

Thanks

Simon

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: License File
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 09:21:04 PM »
I'm afraid the "Professional Family Pack" doesn't contain any U3 licenses... it's a different product, so the corresponding activation key is not present in the license.dat file.
(The license for U3 is cheaper than the ordinary avast! Professional license, so it shouldn't really matter... but technically, the U3 edition won't accept the key.)

You may try to contact sales@avast.com and ask them to create a special license file (remove one Professional license and add one U3)... don't know if they'd be willing to do that though.

opiwan

Re: License File
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:18:39 AM »
why does my new license file for my u3 drive update my valid till to my expire date. i am looking for answerers here and seem to be getting ignored by avast. :(