Author Topic: Can't run avast  (Read 2798 times)

Bud Man

Can't run avast
« on: May 02, 2004, 12:09:14 AM »
When I start my computer Avast starts and I get the two icons on the taskbar. After I try to open Avast my computer starts thinking for a bit but avast doesn't start then the two icons go away. and every time i try to open Avast it thinks for a bit then stops and Avast never starts.
any help would be great.

neal62

Re:Can't run avast
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 06:44:31 AM »
Do you have your browser cookies option set to accept cookies? If you do not this might be a problem.

Bud Man

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 09:53:40 AM »
how do i set my browser to accept cookies?

Bud Man

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 10:23:52 AM »
I just re-installed WinXP, All I put on the computer was MSN 8. It is late so in the morning I will do all the updates then install Avast and see if I have the same problem. I'll post back What happened.

neal62

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 12:51:43 AM »
Bud Man,

In answer to your question as to how do you set cookies in your browser.... I am assuming that you are using I.E. for a browser. If so go to Tools, click on that, come down to Internet Options, left click on that. When the Internet Options window opens up then go and click on the "privacy" tab. When that opens up it will show you how you can set your cookie level according to your preferences. Hope this helps you in some way. Have a good day. :)