Author Topic: avast antivirus protection  (Read 2721 times)

nuria

avast antivirus protection
« on: February 13, 2009, 11:32:19 AM »
HI!

I've just received the CD with the Avast asntivirus system...as I'm not as good with computers as I would like to be, I've some problems with the installation. Could someone help me with the steps I should follow???

Thanks!!

ardvark

Re: avast antivirus protection
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:47:47 AM »
Hi...

I'm not familiar with Alwil sending a CD for installing avast, even for the professional version. From whom did you receive this CD and is it possible you are referring to the BART CD? ??? Although it may be innocent and part of some "freeware utilities" CD, I would be cautious of installing software from an unknown and/or unofficial source. :-\

If you are looking for the free home version, please go here and register first.

Then go to this page and download avast in the language of your choice. After a while, check your e-mail for the program key and follow the instructions in this video tutorial.  :)

Hope this helps. :)

May God Bless you! :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 11:53:28 AM by ardvark »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »
Computer magazines often include programs such as avast! on their discs.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

tls

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 03:49:10 AM »
A backup CD is offered (at additional cost) when purchasing avast! from the avast website.

ardvark

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 04:05:02 AM »
A backup CD is offered (at additional cost) when purchasing avast! from the avast website.

Hi...

Thank you, I wasn't sure on this. :)

May God Bless you! :)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »
Follow instruction that all i can give for you and insert the cd key (click about avast! then registration key then insert the key that you got for it) when you are done to install it then configure your shield by go in resident protection then more detail and adjust it to low or medium or high (you will dont need the outlock shield if u didnt got microsoft outlock and etc) But if u didnt want a shield like P2P or any shield its up to you :D its your anti virus no mine