Author Topic: avast! 4.8 Home Edition & AVG Free  (Read 8053 times)

solcroft

Re: avast! 4.8 Home Edition & AVG Free
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 06:02:20 PM »
Can someone tell me what's the point of creating a "mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all"-type post, and then inviting the fanboys to answer the obviously rhetorical question?

Threads like these tend to invite more misinformation and delusion rather than facts, and this one has been no exception. I say let's not turn this place into a clone of the forum of another company.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 06:35:05 PM »
It is all about what suits you best as they are all in their own way different, offering different forms of protection so you have to look at what functions are in the free version and if your needs are met. However, one thing most often forgotten is support not so much a specification/function, but no less important.

avast hasn't taken the approach of many free products, crippling/limiting the protection (exception script blocker) and the free version is virtually the same as the pro version, the lack of automated functions, interactive input requirements and the Simple User Interface rather than the Enhanced User Interface.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ilker

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2009, 08:55:03 PM »
The resident protection of AVG isn't that good. This is the very first reason why you shouldn't use it.

Hey ilker, where are you from? I think i know you. :)

Hello Mevcit ,

Yes you know me from Doctus.org :) It's nice to see you here again.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 01:48:55 AM »
personally the best anti virus for me its Avast because its got a lot shield and good detection rate which avira and avg dont got a lot shield which that avast got so there ur respond

normishmael

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 05:05:13 AM »

Threads like these tend to invite more misinformation and delusion rather than facts, and this one has been no exception. I say let's not turn this place into a clone of the forum of another company.

Is that a place where they be dragons?

sded

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2009, 05:18:30 AM »
Solcroft,
I saw that you were unappreciated today when you sent a couple of Valentines to to your friend on another forum.  They disappeared so fast that they didn't even make the Forum Policy Violation Board like your others.  Good observation, and we all need to try to avoid raving fanboyism like another forum here.  :)