Author Topic: Pro License Key  (Read 2595 times)

harrimansr

Pro License Key
« on: February 14, 2009, 11:02:54 PM »
Recently I purchased the Pro Pack. I had no problem installing the WHS version on my server and navigating to the License Key. Now that I have installed the Pro version on 2 of my computers I can not find a way to navigate to the license Key to register Pro all it wants is typed information.  Any help will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ardvark

Re: Pro License Key
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:39:02 AM »
Now that I have installed the Pro version on 2 of my computers I can not find a way to navigate to the license Key to register Pro all it wants is typed information.  Any help will greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "typed information." The easiest way to get the product key into the box is copying and pasting the key into it from the e-mail you received from Alwil. Please see this online tutorial for more information. Although the video mentions the home version, it also applies to the professional version, as stated here. :)

Hope this helps. :)

May God Bless you! :)

harrimansr

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:20:56 PM »
Very frustrated. I have copied and pasted whatever I thought might work to no avail. The link to the registration form is not in the E-Mails I received when I purchased the Pro Pack and WHS versions. The link that is in the E-Mail takes me to Creative Player which gives me an error Message that says "Unable to recognize the file format". See copy of part of the E-mail I received. from Element-5.
"You will find your license key for "avast! 4 Professional Family Pack, 3 years" in the attachment to this e-mail.

Some e-mail clients and Internet providers do not allow attachments.  If you did not receive the attachment, please download the license key at:
[removed]
Please Note:  We recommend making a backup of this file as the URL is valid for 7 days only." I have backed up this file. It seemed to work for the WHS as the new date was 3 years out. I am missing something here. you should have my E-mail Address in this forum's profile. Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:37:34 PM by kubecj »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »
Please, do not post your link to the file... it will be stolen...
Also, send an email to sales(at)avast(dot)com and you can receive further help.
The best things in life are free.

harrimansr

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:33:41 AM »
It is over the 7 days that it was good for. Thank You.