Author Topic: What all does Avast Home cover?  (Read 2704 times)

gfish

What all does Avast Home cover?
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:31:28 PM »
I have Avast Home and have been using it for maybe a couple of years.  It works great.  I was just wondering what all does Avast cover?  Is it mainly an antivirus program or does it also handle ad ware and spyware?  My computer keeps freezing up every so often and I wonder if I need to get another program to work in conjunction with Avast.  I am using Limewire so that could very well be the problem but just wanted to make sure if I needed anything else to use alongside Avast.
Thanks for any and all help.

cod head

Re: What all does Avast Home cover?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:41:09 PM »
I would recommend downloading a programme like Malwarebytes and running that and see what it comes up with or you could try Superantispyware.You can get freeware definitions of both.Avast detects a lot of things including some spyware I believe but no programme can cover everything.It would need a massive database and would take forever to scan.I would also suggest doing a boot up scan with Avast in safe mode. ;).

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: What all does Avast Home cover?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:44:19 PM »
Sometimes it helps to run registry cleaner like CCleaner after long time of Windows usage and disk defragmentation. This greatly improved performance in several cases.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog