Author Topic: avast scanner hangs during scan...  (Read 2163 times)

afigo

avast scanner hangs during scan...
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:33:54 AM »
hi,
 need yuour help on this, i ran a full system scan and left it alone a few hours later i still see the progess bar at 11%.. i put up my task manager and noticed program not responding.. why is this so...? it happen all the time... normally hangs when scanning registry stuff....can anyone help? any help would be appreciated...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast scanner hangs during scan...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:13:38 PM »
Some information about your system might help:
What Operating System are you using ?

Is it a laptop or desktop ?
How big is the hard disk (HDD) and how much data is on it ?
What processor (CPU) does it have and how much RAM ?

What type of scan, e.g. Thorough sensitivity, with or without Archives selected ?

Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Interesting you say it stops when scanning registry stuff as avast doesn't specifically scan the registry. It scans the files in memory first and then scans the files on your HDD, but not specifically the registry, if during a scan it finds some spyware it will then try to locate any associated registry entries.

So can you give any examples of where it is hanging ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security