Author Topic: Dr Web linkchecker in Opera  (Read 4569 times)

timcan

Dr Web linkchecker in Opera
« on: February 16, 2009, 02:42:21 AM »
Hi, how do I get it to work in opera 9.63 ?  :)  ???

Dr.Web LinkChecker for Opera

How do I enable Dr.Web LinkChecker?
You should manually open and edit Opera configuration file standard_menu.ini (by default, this file is located in the \Opera\defaults\ directory). Corresponding lines must be added in sections: [link Popup Menu], [Document Popup Menu] and in [Image Link Popup Menu] as described below (lines to add are beginning with 'Item, "Scan link with Dr.Web"' and ending '""'):

Well, I opened \Opera\defaults\ but no directory. Anyone else using opera and dr web link scanner tell me how? Or is this no longer an option? thanks,tim

ardvark

Re: Dr Web linkchecker in Opera
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 04:22:02 AM »
Hi Tim...

Yes, it's there. In the folder you've posted, you will notice a file named "standard_menu." Right click on this file and click "Properties." Make sure you are viewing what is listed in the "General" tab and under "File Type," make sure the extension is listed as ".ini"  If it is, close that window and right click again on the "standard_menu" file and click "Open with..." Choose to open the file with "Notepad." Now you should be able to edit this file as shown by the quote you provided. :)

It's a little technical, so if you need more help with the directions listed in the quote, please feel free to post back. :)

May God Bless you! :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 04:25:30 AM by ardvark »

timcan

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 11:33:54 AM »
Thank you ardvark.  I guess I was having a "senior moment"  and looking for directory  :-[  tim

ardvark

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:36:54 PM »
Thank you ardvark.  I guess I was having a "senior moment"  and looking for directory  :-[  tim

Hi Tim...

You're welcome, glad to have been able to help. :)

Don't feel bad, I find that despite being 37, I have them too. ;D

Best Regards...

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 11:10:11 PM »
RNfromTN,

The Dr. Web link checker hasn't been update to show the changes in standard_menu. Here are screenshots of how I did it in Opera 9.63.

Double click on standard_menu to start.

timcan

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 11:35:02 AM »
RNfromTN,

The Dr. Web link checker hasn't been update to show the changes in standard_menu. Here are screenshots of how I did it in Opera 9.63.

thanks rdmaloyjr for the added help,  :)  appreciated.

ardvark

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 11:39:59 AM »
thanks rdmaloyjr for the added help,  :)  appreciated.

Hi Tim...

Please let us know if you get this working. :)

Best Regards...

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:54:57 AM »
RNfromTN,

Ooops!  I should've said:  The Dr. Web link checker website hasn't been update to show the changes in standard_menu. Here are screenshots of how I did it in Opera 9.63.

timcan

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 11:48:31 AM »
hi,I was able to sucessfully edit opera standard_menu in my xp computer. :)

In vista every time I copy/paste the dr web line items  to opera std menu and click to save I get a popup telling me it cannot create the file. tim

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 11:54:30 AM »
right click on notepad program and Run it As Administrator, then browse the file, edit that and save it :)
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE