Author Topic: Lobby Launch failed!  (Read 5272 times)

skywreck

Lobby Launch failed!
« on: February 16, 2009, 03:22:35 AM »
I have been flying on VATSIM for a long time using Avast and WinXP. However recently
upgraded the PC to Vista and now FSInn (one of VATSIM connection clients) will not join
the multiplayer session. The error is: Lobby launch failed! Could not connect to host.
The thing is that when I uninstalled Avast completely, this problem didn't arise.

These are FSInn' 3 main executables:
FSFDTCP.exe
FSInnUI.exe
FWINN.exe (which I understand is responsible for joining Multiplayer)

Perhaps Avast is stopping FWINN.exe from joining the session, or something needs to
be tweaked on Avast.

Any help much appreciated, beginning to miss my hobby!

Regards

Joaquin

skywreck

Re: Lobby Launch failed!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:33:56 PM »
After having spent some time looking through the Forum I have found that other people have
experienced the same connection to server/multiplayer problems and that what appears to
sort the problem is to install avast without the webshield. Could someone please let me
know how I can do this? I have left clicked on the A icon and disabled webshield, but this
didn't sort the problem. Also when trying to customise there are just some ticked boxes
relating to logging, sending anonymous data, etc., which don't seem to have any relation to
this problem. Does anyone know how to sort this problem which appears to affect a few
gamers?

Thanks

Joaquin

Alan Baxter

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »
You should be able to delete the Web Shield from your Avast installation through Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.  Just select Avast, then Change, then untick Web Shield.

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:38:56 PM »
Before deleting the webshield from the Avast setup, try the game with the webshield paused.
That might be an easy workaround. Once finished with that particular site/game, you can resume the provider for regular internet browsing. I think it provides an extra and worthwhile layer of prevention.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

skywreck

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 11:10:20 AM »
Thank you for the replies, I'll give it a go tonight and will let you know if these suggestions work.

Regards

Joaquin

skywreck

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 09:26:41 PM »
OK, here are the results:

Pausing or uninstalling webshield made no difference.
Pausing or disabling Network shield made no difference, but uninstalling did.

Having to uninstall Network Shield in order to run/enter a multiplayer session in
Microsoft Flight Simulator seems to me to be totally unacceptable, as this
renders network security virtually useless.

I would like to take this up with the owners of Avast, since I have become aware
that other people using same software as me under Windows Vista are experiencing
same problem.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Joaquin

skywreck

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »
Uninstalling network shield seems to be the only solution to the problem, which to me is totally
unacceptable. Have made a new post in the Avast Professional Forum to complain and request
support on this issue.

Thanks to everyone for the help/advice given.

Joaquin