Other > General Topics

Need help badly! Computer is messed up! [Solved]

(1/13) > >>

Eminem:
Well it all started last night when i uninstalled compaq connections. Sometimes when i booted up my computer it would just stop loading but you would see the background image. Later in the night ThreatFire detected Prockill-BU as high risk adware but since hp apparently installs it on all computers they make i just ignored it. I tried to uninstall ThreatFire but it wouldn't let me so i tried a system restore but it still wouldn't. I tried to restore to an even earlier time and my computer wouldn't even boot up. I would get to the log on screen and my keyboard and mouse would die. After a lot of time trying i finally got the system restore to work in safe mode but now all my antivirus and antispyware programs are messed up and i can't uninstall them. I need help please!

ardvark:

--- Quote from: Eminem on February 16, 2009, 05:11:59 AM ---Well it all started last night when i uninstalled compaq connections. Sometimes when i booted up my computer it would just stop loading but you would see the background image. Later in the night ThreatFire detected Prockill-BU as high risk adware but since hp apparently installs it on all computers they make i just ignored it. I tried to uninstall ThreatFire but it wouldn't let me so i tried a system restore but it still wouldn't. I tried to restore to an even earlier time and my computer wouldn't even boot up. I would get to the log on screen and my keyboard and mouse would die. After a lot of time trying i finally got the system restore to work in safe mode but now all my antivirus and antispyware programs are messed up and i can't uninstall them. I need help please!

--- End quote ---

Hi...

What is hindering their uninstallation, do you get any error messages? Is the rest of the system functioning properly now? What is the model number of your Compaq and OS exactly? :)

May God Bless you! :)

Tarq57:
When Threatfire made this detection, how did you answer the prompt? Which leads to my next question; why did you try to uninstall it, and was it active when you did so?
Thing about behaviour blockers is that they will block what is seen as potential malicious behaviour, so such an alert for a valid application should not be seen as a FP as such.
But this detection appears to have been from the blacklist part of the program, since it flagged it as high risk adware. You really need to report this (and your other issue with HP preinstalled stuff) to PCTools. http://www.pctools.com/forum/index.php

To the problem at hand. If you press f8 during boot,, one of the options aside from "safe" mode should be "last known good".Try that.
If you can get Windows (operating system again, please) running normally, then we'll look at how to deak with the malfunctioning security applications, in turn.

It may have been better to de-activate compaq connections, rather than uninstall it. http://www.hp.com/united-states/cpc/presario/connections_faq.html#19

Eminem:
i tried the last good thing before safe mode even and it didn't work. I tried to uninstall it because i just want to go back to zone alarm. Zone alarm was so simple compared to these other firewalls.

Eminem:
avast is even messed up now. It won't load and it says avast(2) in programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version