Author Topic: 4.8 professional  (Read 7265 times)

Planetgarb

4.8 professional
« on: February 09, 2009, 11:43:19 AM »
Im using 4.8 professional and was wondering if there was a setting to auto quarentene viruses and threats.

Thanks

Chris

sinman

Re: 4.8 professional
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 03:26:32 AM »
inserted license on a 10 day old laptop. laptop has hardware issue with speakers and will be replaced. how do you transfer the license key to the new computer

ardvark

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:14:52 AM »
inserted license on a 10 day old laptop. laptop has hardware issue with speakers and will be replaced. how do you transfer the license key to the new computer

Hi...

Your username concerns me and perhaps you have some idea of what sin is. Ultimately, unless one accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and repents of their sins, sin leads to eternal death and destruction. :( Please see here or the second link below in my signature area for more understanding. It's the BEST decision anyone can make!!! :)

If you still have the the e-mail Alwil sent you with the product key, simply follow this online tutorial. :)

If you've lost the e-mail, please go here and reregister.

May God Bless you! :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 05:04:55 AM by ardvark »

sinman

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »
to ardvark: thank you for your concern. "s" is the first letter of my first name. inman is my last name. s+inman is what my service provider created as a username. together it spells sinman, not my choice! no big deal to someone with a solid faith in god, who after all is the untimate judge. with that said,

my problem is that i purchased 2 license(s), used one on my desktop, used the other on my (10 day old) laptop, which bit the dust yesterday. the lap top is being replaced: can i transfer the license from the old laptop to the new laptop?. this may be a moot point as i could not contact avast promptly. i have removed avast from the laptop before returning it to the store. i was running out of time as my 14 day exchange period was running out

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »
As far as I'm aware this isn't a problem, if you have uninstalled the original installation on the old/dead laptop, so you are still only using the two licenses.

I'm however not a member of Alwil, so I can't speak for them, though I feel that is correct, you could confirm by contacting sales (at) avast (dot) com for the 100% certainty if you need that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sinman

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:31:56 AM »
thank you davidr

you are right. i got an e-mail today from avast confirming this. i removed the software from the damaged laptop, so as you say, i will only have to active licenses.

forgive me if i sounded impatient, but my time at the store for an exchange was running out and i had to act fast.

this is my first time on a forum, don't really know how to navigate around yet. hope to talk with you again

ardvark

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 02:46:33 AM »
to ardvark: thank you for your concern. "s" is the first letter of my first name. inman is my last name. s+inman is what my service provider created as a username. together it spells sinman, not my choice! no big deal to someone with a solid faith in god, who after all is the untimate judge.

Hi...

You're welcome and I am glad to hear this. :)

May God Bless you! :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 02:57:03 AM »
thank you davidr
you are right. i got an e-mail today from avast confirming this. i removed the software from the damaged laptop, so as you say, i will only have to active licenses.
forgive me if i sounded impatient, but my time at the store for an exchange was running out and i had to act fast.
this is my first time on a forum, don't really know how to navigate around yet. hope to talk with you again

No problem, glad I could help.

No need for an apology when you have an urgent legitimate concern.

This is the normal forum for avast 4Home/Pro versions, http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0 for any future queries unrelated to this one.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security