Author Topic: I never used Avast but I'm thinking of using it  (Read 5863 times)

2009boy

I never used Avast but I'm thinking of using it
« on: February 16, 2009, 03:03:55 PM »
Hello people. I think you have enough experience with using Avast. Has it worked very well for you?

cod head

Re: I never used Avast but I'm thinking of using it
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »
I have been using avast since June last year and I am very pleased with it and am only to happy to recommend it.It has saved my neck on numerous occasions with its webshield blocking quite a few viruses getting on my machine.It is light on resources and gets updated regularly which to me is a system keeping on top of new viruses.Excellent product either free version or pro.No complaints here. ;).

ProgrammerGuy

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »
I'm a former AVG user and wouldn't recommend it to anyone...

Avast! rocks...  'cod head' summed it up nicely...  One thing he didn't mention though is this 'super' forum to get help when you need it...  Ok, two things; it places nice with most other security software such as SpywareBlaster, SuperAntiSpyWare, etc...  :)

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »
I never used Avast but I'm thinking of using it
What are you waiting for ???

Welcome to the forum.  :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 04:57:43 PM »
Stop thinking and start using it ;D

I was also an AVG user but have been using acast for almost 5 years without a backward glance.

What ever you do ensure you uninstall your previous AV and reboot before installing avast (download avast first so you are ready to install before uninstalling your current AV).

Let us know what your existing AV is and we can help with other tools if necessary to fully remove it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

2009boy

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:06:14 PM »
I have been using Panda. And I guess it wasn't very good to me. I already uninstalled it and now I have Avast. Let's see how good it is from now on.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
I think you will be pleased, if you have any problems, you have already see how active and quick the forums respond.

Welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 01:47:59 AM »
If you have/had any problems uninstalling Panda, there is an uninstaller + info here: http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/support/card?id=41209&idIdioma=2
That was for the 2008 AV/firewall. For other versions, look herehttp://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/support/troubleshooter/ and select your version, then the appropriate item.
I've read that Panda can leave quite a bit of stuff behind, so wouldn't hurt to run the specific tool for your installation, even if it appears to have uninstalled OK.

I'm having no problems with Avast, and have been using it for about 2 years. No need to try anything else.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 04:47:09 PM »
Hello people. I think you have enough experience with using Avast. Has it worked very well for you?
No complains at all ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 02:13:15 PM »
I've been using Avast Home Edition for 5yrs and I am not complains at all with the product and the Avast forum, and you will find great people here who can help you with Avast software or if your 100% what do when you catch a virus, Trojans or malware people in here are always on standby to help you.

Also I was a former 4yrs Norton Anti-virus user and I hate it.......Norton shame on you..... shame shame shame.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:03:29 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Mr.Agent

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 12:53:35 PM »
I used avast for 1-3 years and i told you its really a great free and paid anti virus if you use it then you wont regreat it !!!

Avast is one of the best in protection for me and i told you its need to be tryed now !

Mr.Agent

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 01:44:49 PM »
-= I've been an AVG, NOD32, Kaspersky, Avira, Clam, Norton & Bitdefender user before..

-= I tried them and yet unsatisfied till I found avast!..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

2009boy

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »
Chronoboi001,

I see. I think many people say Kaspersky is the best of the world. But I see that isn't true at all because someone told me that it has been shown by an independent antivirus tester lab that Avast has a better detection than Kaspersky and even Nod32. What do you think?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 03:44:57 PM »
I think many people say Kaspersky is the best of the world. But I see that isn't true at all because someone told me that it has been shown by an independent antivirus tester lab that Avast has a better detection than Kaspersky and even Nod32. What do you think?
Kaspersky and NOD32 haven't a free version. That makes a lot of difference on comparison.
The best things in life are free.

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 11:49:30 PM »
-= Well.. Based on what I've experienced.. Kaspersky is not really good when scanning external drives esp. flashdisks.. so as NOD32.. Moreover, Kaspersky should have been a great antivirus only if, it was light on resources..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1