Author Topic: Avast doesn't start!  (Read 2303 times)

benaouioui

Avast doesn't start!
« on: February 18, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »
Hi, I'm french so i'm sorry for my bad english.

I have a problem with Avast 4.8 Family pack. I have a little red sign on the avast logo and when I click on it, it says : Le sous systeme AAVM a détecté une erreur RPC , in english : The subsystem AAVM has detected a error RPC. I tried to fix the problem and i did every solutions the website says but it still doesn't work. I even erased and reinstalled Avast but the problem remains. I don't know what else to do. It makes the opening of windows very slow. What can i do?!?

Thanks for your help.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast doesn't start!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »
Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

This is another common cause of the Red circle over the avast icon.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

benaouioui

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:21:11 PM »
No, Avast was the first and only AV installed in my system.

When i try to activate Avast, It says : the program cannot activate the resident part ( Standart shield provider not found). I don't know what it means.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »
Well it means your installation appears to be corrupt (not good) the standard shield (ashServ.exe) is effectively the main scanning engine.

Did you install avast into the default location (C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4), whilst it isn't a requirement, it may be a factor and was it installed from an account with Administrator privileges ?

- What avast processes are running in Task Manager, they begin with ash or asw, see image ?

####
It may be best to do a clean reinstall:
Download the latest version of avast http://www.avast.com/fre/download-avast-home.html and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again. Use that when you reinstall.

Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, find it here and save it to your HDD.
1. Now uninstall (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, reboot.  If step 1 failed it may be necessary to run this from safe mode, once complete reboot into normal mode.
3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security