Author Topic: Cannot Access E-Mail From Server  (Read 1894 times)

Sweet-P

Cannot Access E-Mail From Server
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:16:05 AM »
I just installed Avast! and made sure I had the latest version and virus defs.  However, when I try to get any of my e-mails using Outlook Express from my Roadrunner account, I get the following message:

The server responded with an error. Account: 'P******', Server: 'pop-server.neo.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded(pass:20, processes:ccSvcHst.exe[19], msimn.exe[1]), there is a collision with another program', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

WHAT does this mean and how do I fix it?   ???  (If I completely terminate the Internet Mail scanner, everything is fine and I can get my e-mail again).

Thanks in advance!

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
Re: Cannot Access E-Mail From Server
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 04:55:55 AM »
You must not attempt to run avast with Norton still installed on the your system.  Norton will prevent avast from working properly.

Even if you have "uninstalled" Norton using the "Add/Remove" program feature then Norton is notorious for for failing to remove major components. 

The error message you posted shows that the problem is caused by ccSvcHst.exe which is a remaining part of Norton still running on your system.

Please see this thread for a link on full removal of the Norton.