Author Topic: Congratulations  (Read 11728 times)

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Congratulations
« on: February 21, 2009, 03:12:52 AM »
Congratulations to the Awil Team for more than 75 million registered Avast! users. And thanks for the the 25% discount for Avast! Professional Edition, I just bought a licence :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Congratulations
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:35:32 AM »
75 Million?

I just looked at the stats on the forum for the heck of it (well, because 75 Mil is quite a few!)

350652 Posts in 41467 Topics by 59028 Members. Latest Member: Thasmamilessy
Latest Post: "Re: Avast not seen by vi..." ( Today at 21:28:48 )
View the most recent posts on the forum.

Wow, that means that 75 Million have / are using avast, and only 59k have registered on the forum for help.

I guess that means that a LOT of people don't have any questions / issues with the software?

Pretty good...  ;D
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

ardvark

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 03:37:21 AM »
And thanks for the the 25% discount for Avast! Professional Edition, I just bought a licence :)

Hi...

I'm still holding out for "free." ;D :P ;D :D

(Just kidding)

May God Bless all of you! :)

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 08:29:58 AM »
Congratulations to the Awil Team for more than 75 million registered Avast! users.

Yes, that's nice! I send congratulations from Sweden to the Alwil Team!

Keep up the good work guys! :)
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

antonpaco

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »
75 milions  although many sites and forum say that  AVAST is bed and other  free antivirus are good, personally I did install avast since the day I bought my two  pcs.

sariza

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 11:08:13 PM »
Congratulations to the Alwil team!

Best Regards!
Sergio Ariza.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 11:17:17 PM »
Hi Alwil Team,

Blessed be the day that I did find avast, and it kept me secure over all these years, and their forums also taught me what I know now about anti-malware procedures and that is quite a bit and the insight is still growing, plus as an additional bonus I have made some beautiful malware fighting friends here.
Yes, avast brought me quite a bit virtually, and it is worth every bit and byte of it,

Thanks Avast,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline BJ_GeOrgE

• Avast Evangelist
  • prevention is better than cure
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 11:19:42 PM »
congratulations to alwil team!!!75million users is a rly big goal and u reached it!!keep up the gd work..cant w8 for avast 5 :P:P:P
Antivirus: Avast Free v8.0.1497/Firewall: Windows Firewall/On Demand: Malwarebytes Free Edition/Other tools: CCleaner

sded

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 11:39:29 PM »
Congratulations Avast!; now running on 5 computers-2 a bit old and cranky.  :)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 01:11:45 AM »
Congraluation ALWIL Software for your 75 millions protected users ;D

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 03:24:56 AM »
Well,

If everyone is doing it then I might as well join in.
Congrats to the Avast team for making and maintaining such a good product.
Also, I would like to take the time to thank all the Forum Veterans who help those of us who are confused to get solutions to our problems.

Cheers
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.

YoKenny

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »
When I get my Vista Premium system next Wednesday avast! is the first thing I will install after Vista SP1.   8)

When I get a bit of spare money after needed things like rent and food I will purchase a Professional license.

Wow!  I just received a pop up notification:
http://www.avast.com/eng/celebration-75mio-registered-users.html

I guess I'll forgo a couple of visits to my favorite restaurant and splurge $67.72CAD on a two year license. 

ManyQs

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
[size=0pt].[/size]

I am sorry, but is it correct for me to have seen a kind of pink popup from avast that was like the update notices.

I know it seems strange but I was on the telephone with my bank at the time because I had trouble logging into my bank account online and then that popup came on and I thought I saw avast something, a million something and I wasn't focused enough, so I clicked it thinking I'd get that little explanation window I usually see from avast and then continued with the phone call. After I hung up it hit me there was no explanation window and as I had just been trying to log into my bank account I thought maybe it had been some very, very clever scam and that somebody was trying to install a leylogger through some weird method.

So here I am and now I do see this congratulations business and am thinking what I saw was a legit avast popup. It was, right?

I'm just real paranoid and it was a coincidence it popped up when it did, right?

By the way, congratulations are in order to you avast folks for work done well.

And thanks to anyone who can set my mind as ease on that pink popup thingy.

[size=0pt].[/size]
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:35:52 PM by ManyQs »

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 12:41:40 PM »
I am sorry, but is it correct for me to have seen a kind of pink popup from avast that was like the update notices.

My popup was orange, and it was an information-popup (INews) like YoKenny said, about that avast celebrates 75 million users, so you don't need to be worried.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 12:44:30 PM by Bluesman »
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

ManyQs

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 12:47:42 PM »
[size=0pt].[/size]

My popup was orange, and it was an information-popup (INews) about that avast celebrates 75 million users.

Yep, orange sounds right. That's great. Thank you for confirming that. Real weird it popped up when it did. Especially as I'd never tried to access that account before using the Net. Just my luck to have that kind of weird timing to happen. Really, I'm a magnet for weird things. Probably because I am weird. Haven't been here in a few years, either.

Anyway, thanks a million, Bluesman. Make that 75 million thanks!

[size=0pt].[/size]