Author Topic: Submitting viruses  (Read 4970 times)

pasta

Submitting viruses
« on: May 01, 2004, 02:17:32 PM »
Hi,

I don't know if this is in the right forum, but I have a question. I myself use aVast 4 Home edition, and I visit a Dutch tech forum that has a special security and virusses section. Every once in a while we come across a new virus, which the moderator submits to Kaspersky. Since I use this program, and i would like to help out with submitting virusses, I wondered where I could do this. I couldnt find anything on your site about submitting virusses, nor could I find anything on your forum about submitting them.
Is there a place or an email adress i could submit files to that might be unknown viruses?
Thanks in advance.

Stephan123

Re:Submitting viruses
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2004, 05:43:50 PM »
Have you a dutch Avast Antivirus or English.If you have dutch have you a viruskluis.How come you to the viruskluis?
here is the answer

Right click on the animation in your systembalk(systeembalk) then you do Start avast Antivirus.Then if he is ready you see a doodskop leftunder.Then is he opening the viruskluis.Then have you geinfecteerde bestanden.Then you must click on the virus file(bestand) then email naar Alwil software.Then they make a virusdefinitions.

If you don't understand i can it repeat in Dutch.

P.S the moderator of the dutch tech forum is Schouw?

pasta

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 06:44:16 PM »
Yep, his name is indeed Schouw. :)
I myself use an english version of aVast, but i didnt notice the option to send files to aVast. I submitted the files i wanted to. Thanks for your help :)
(btw, if you see me on GoT; shout at me or something.. my nick there's pastapappie.NET)

Stephan123

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 07:07:51 PM »
your welcome ;)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 10:13:59 AM »
Otherwise, the address to submit viruses to is virus@avast.com