Author Topic: VRDB icon gone. No option to split/merge.  (Read 3990 times)

wile_e

VRDB icon gone. No option to split/merge.
« on: February 21, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »
Running Vista x64 with Avast Pro. My VRDB icon is missing and the option to split/merge icons is also missing. I checked the properties of the Notification Area, and have both icons set to "show" on taskbar. I reinstalled Avast, and the VRDB icon appeared again. But once I merged the icons, the option to unmerge/split is not there.

So every time I merge the icons after a reinstall of Avast, there is no way to split them.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: VRDB icon gone. No option to split/merge.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 05:57:04 PM »
Try this - Missing VRDB 'i' icon, using notepad, edit the C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\avast4.ini file, [VRDB] section, adding the following line, ShowTaskbarIcon=1 save the changes, the avast self-defence module will ask for confirmation, answer Yes and exit.

See example.
[VRDB]
MergeIcons=0
Disabled=0
ShowTaskbarIcon=1

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: VRDB icon gone. No option to split/merge.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »
If that fails, I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Uninstall avast from Control Panel first.
2. Boot.
3. Download the latest version of Avast Uninstall and use it for complete uninstallation.
4. Boot.
5. Install again the latest avast! version.
6. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.