Author Topic: Trojan.win32/internetAntivirus and Trojan.win 32/chadem.A  (Read 3831 times)

scbarrett

Trojan.win32/internetAntivirus and Trojan.win 32/chadem.A
« on: February 23, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »
After clicking on a website link from a Google search, my internet security center (Vista) suddenly began sending me many, many, many warnings that my computer had multiple viruses.  I had Avast! free version, purchased the pro version.  Windows and Avast! apparently won't recognize each other anymore and I continue to get security warnings every several minutes.  Avast has been completing a search for several hours now, and has an Infected count of 15, but the problem continues... and it's driving me crazy.  Windows Defender states I have the trojans listed in the subject and supposedly fixed them...but the problem remains.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
Re: Trojan.win32/internetAntivirus and Trojan.win 32/chadem.A
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »
It was probably a scam, not really a Windows warning at all- a fake security warning designed to trick you into buying a fake anti-virus program.

First make sure you try a boot time scan with avast! Right click the scanner screen, select 'schedule a boot time scan' and reboot when requested. (Or open the tab at the top left of the scanner screen and select the boot time option from there.)

Then scan with these free adware/spyware scanners. Download, install and update before the scan.

SUPERAntiSpyware Free
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

When you have finished, check for out-of-date and insecure software and update- this will reduce the risk of similar infections.

Secunia Online Software Inspector (OSI)
Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 02:41:03 PM »
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.

christine328

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »
I need help.
I, too, received all the errors.  I used Windows Defender to quarantine both viruses (Trojan:Win32/InternetAntivirus and Trojan.win32/Chadem....)  But now I have an even bigger problem.

I tried to log onto Mozilla Firefox and cannot.  I keep getting the error "session did not end correctly....restart old session or new session"  If I click on either box, I get another pop-up box "Firefox session has ended. send error report?  Restart or End.  again, if I click on either button, I'm back to the pop-up box "restart old session or new session."  it goes nowhere. 

I am able to log onto my email, and Internet explorer.  I try to download the correcting programs but nothing happens.
Downloading Firefox again did not help at all.  I just don't know what to do.  I need my computer for college classes

Can anyone help me?

Christine