Author Topic: next avast! come with Firewall, so, would it had Antileak and behavior guard?  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
they say avast! 5 has Firewall, so, when it have Firewall,would it had Antileak (Host Protection) and behavior guard control?
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Antileak almost sure. Behavior control? What do you mean?
The best things in life are free.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
Nice to hear that Avast will have a built-in firewall but I have a question too. I am using Vista's built-in firewall with Vista Firewall Control. Would it be necessary to uninstall VFC and turn off Vista's built-in firewall?
May the FOSS be with you!

cod head

I would think if you are using Avast,s firewall you would have to turn off windows firewall.You cannot run two.

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
@Tech: I mean something that control programs behavior (Same Antileak). it's good news, Thank you. :)

@George Yves: Yes, when you use any new firewall you need to turn off all other. it may cause you some problem if you use more than 1 firewall at same time.
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
avast has advised the forum that a firewall will be a future offering of avast.

The team has yet to advise us how this firewall component will be deployed.  Do not make assumptions ... we simply do not know yet what the strategy of the Alwil team will be.  For now ... I rather suspect that questions about this component and its "packaging" will largely go unanswered. 

When the team are ready to announce their strategy and the general parameters for this component I am sure the forum will be at the forefront.