Author Topic: License Key .DAT file  (Read 5039 times)

foyle

License Key .DAT file
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:54:43 AM »
I just registered, the registration key emailed to me was license.dat file. The instructions on the email said to follow instructions on the same email that are not there. When I tried the registration tutorial on the website, the video shows a .txt file character string that one can cut and paste into the registration key box on the avast console icon.

How do I register with a .dat file?
How do I register on my WHS with the .dat file? and the other computers on my network (i purchased the Professional / family pack)

I dont know why the answer to these questions is on the website, any help is appreciated.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: License Key .DAT file
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 03:26:53 AM »
Probably it would be better to ask in another forum:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=18.0
The best things in life are free.

thecelticfan

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 10:56:55 AM »
I just registered, the registration key emailed to me was license.DAT file. The instructions on the email said to follow instructions on the same email that are not there. When I tried the registration tutorial on the website, the video shows a .txt file character string that one can cut and paste into the registration key box on the avast console icon.

How do I register with a .dat file?
How do I register on my WHS with the .dat file? and the other computers on my network (i purchased the Professional / family pack)

I dont know why the answer to these questions is on the website, any help is appreciated.

Open the DAT file with Notepad. The key is in there. What a really convoluted way of doing things. Nothing in the email either!

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »

You have replied to a 9 month old thread.    ???