Author Topic: Can this be done in 4.8 Pro  (Read 1684 times)

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

Can this be done in 4.8 Pro
« on: March 03, 2009, 04:08:13 AM »
I have 3 500 GB drives that take a long time to scan and I would like to scan at night while I'm sleeping, the problem is when I try it and a infected file is found the warning window pops up and the scan stops until I tell the program what to do with the file.

Is it possible for me to set the program to send any infected file it finds to the chest so that it will continue to scan my drives.

On another note I have all the default settings, is there a thread which suggest the best settings or are the default the best?
Thanks in advance

onlysomeone

Re: Can this be done in 4.8 Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:51:37 AM »
yes, the pro version allows you to create an own scan (Enhanced UI) --> there you can set what should happen when a virus is found...

for normal computers the default settings probably are the best because they build a good combination of security and performance, but if you have a fast computer you can set the intensity-slider to high... (my opinion)

yours
onlysomeone

e_a_g_l_e_p_i

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 10:29:50 AM »
I think I found the enhanced UI but I have no clue how to set the program to put any infected items in the chest without me having to tell it.  can you give me some direction or a link to a help page that explains it.

Thanks

onlysomeone

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:42:51 AM »
here's a short guide: (please ask if something isn't clear...)

open the enhanced UI --> go to tasks (or however it is called) and create a new task there --> tick the detailed configuration --> set what you want (scan areas,...) (look through every line in the left column and set what you want - (if you want to know some settings please ask!) --> in the "Virus"-Area you can set what should be done when a virus is found :)

yours
onlysomeone