Author Topic: VRDB hasn't been done  (Read 2557 times)

snooker

VRDB hasn't been done
« on: May 03, 2004, 07:22:16 PM »
Hi ... I just downloaded this software and i am trying to make sure everything is set up correctly .. The VRDB show that its not done yet , should it be done and if so how so ??? Also if i merge with main avast icon can i redo what i merge ??? Lastly where should the Generate VRDB be
 set at ??? right now its on when screen-saver is running ???
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 07:22:59 PM by snooker »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:VRDB hasn't been done
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 08:28:29 PM »
Hi snooker, and welcome to avast,

You've got three questions, and I can only answer one of them definitely, your second one.  If you merge the icons then click on the new single one (which is is essential the main one, the "a" ball), you'll see there's now a menu-entry for VRDB.  Clicking that will give you a sub-menu in which one of the choices is to split the icons again.  So basically you can change back and forth between one icon and two whenever you like.

I'm not clear about when the first VRDB is normally generated -- possibly it's 3 weeks after installation, which as you may already know is the "normal" or default period between VRDB updates.  But you can always "Generate now" if you want to have one to start with.  One of the experts will hopefully be along to clarify when the VRDB is first done if you don't "force" generation of one.

As for the mode for updating them, that's a matter of personal preference.  I don't use screen savers myself, so have mine set for when-idle -- and for this purpose, "idle" simply means no mouse or keyboard activity.  And it's quite happy to grab a few seconds here and there while updating, so it's almost a background process in that mode.  Try it both ways, if you like, and see which way suits you better.

Best,
Mike

« Last Edit: May 03, 2004, 08:29:31 PM by MikeBCda »
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent