Author Topic: [SOLVED] Windows firewall help...  (Read 9337 times)

ardvark

Re: Windows firewall help...
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 09:57:56 AM »
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/modems/motorola-3347/pdf/QwestAdminHandbkV774.pdf

Hi ardvark,apparently this modem does have firewall, routing, nat capabilities. hope this helps,tim

Hi Tim...

Thank you so much for this information, this actually helps a lot! :)

I suppose I didn't have to install Comodo but I will go ahead and keep it since I do like having control over which of my programs can access the internet as well as being able to see status logs and other information. Plus, Comodo's staff was courteous and helpful in addressing one problem I had with it. :)

I consider this issue SOLVED, thank you to all who posted. :)

May God Bless all of you! :)

YoKenny

Re: [SOLVED] Windows firewall help...
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 12:27:55 PM »
ardvark, the key is to get to the configuration screen at http://192.168.0.1 and log in to the configuration screen as documented on page 31.

On my modem the configuration screens are similar but I have to use my ID and password provided by my ISP to log in to the Gateway.

Looks like there was an airplane crash that occurred in Amsterdam that miraculously has no casualties. 

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 01:18:37 PM »
Looks like there was an airplane crash that occurred in Amsterdam that miraculously has no casualties. 
Unbelievable! No casualties... Thanks God.
The best things in life are free.

YoKenny

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 03:13:26 PM »
Unbelievable! No casualties... Thanks God.

Sadly I was wrong.

Now the news is 9 casualties with 3 crew members but that is all I know as this is a breaking news story.

There is a live conversation with a survivor right now but the phone conversation is hard to understand.

Offline Confused Computer User

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • The answer is 42
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 01:00:37 AM »
HI ardvark,

you mentioned that you installed Commodo on your vista 64. I am also interested in knowing if the process was ok and how did you find firewall to behave. I am curios if you can tell me what is the differentce between Vista's firewall and Commodo, apart from the outbound connection option?

thanks.
Computer Systems:

Intel Pentium 4 641 / 2GB RAM / Vista Home Basic SP2 / avast! 5.0 Home / SAS Free / MBAM Free / Windows Defender / Windows Firewall / Spyware Blaster/ Secunia PSI / Firefox 3.6 / Opera 10.5

Core2Duo T8300 / 4GB RAM / Vista Home Premium SP2 (32 bit version) / Same Software.