Author Topic: Can Avast Pro automaticly handle viruses found during a scan?  (Read 4831 times)

quintass

Can Avast Pro automaticly handle viruses found during a scan?
« on: February 22, 2009, 06:09:34 PM »
Is there a way to set Avast Pro to automatically move all the virues if finds during a scan to the chest without having to sit there through the entire scan and having to manually check off each virus pop up screen as they appear. I want to start te scan, walk away, and have all viruses found automatically sent to the virus chest. Is that option available and where would I find it.

Thanks!

quint
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 06:23:13 PM by quintass »

Offline Bluesman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Amiga Power!
Re: Can Avast Pro automaticly handle viruses found during a scan?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
Is there a way to set Avast Pro to automatically move all the virues if finds during a scan to the chest without having to sit there through the entire scan and having to manually check off each virus pop up screen as they appear. I want to start te scan, walk away, and have all viruses found automatically sent to the virus chest. Is that option available and where would I find it.

Thanks!

quint

Welcome to the forum :)

Yes, just make a new task (or change settings on an existing one), and set the options you want (for example, as you said, move virus it found, to the chest)
"The blues are the roots, everything else is the fruits" -Willie Dixon

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 12:02:38 AM »
See picture here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=13315.msg112285#msg112285.
The settings are on the Virus page of the Tasks properties.
The best things in life are free.

quintass

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 08:20:37 AM »
Im sorry folks but maybe Im a bit slow ??? with this stuff but im still not quite sure where & how to make these setting changes you're speaking of. Could you explain again with maybe just a few more details where and how to do this. My Avast Pro version is 4.8

Thanks again  ;D

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 11:54:08 AM »
Im sorry folks but maybe Im a bit slow ??? with this stuff but im still not quite sure where & how to make these setting changes you're speaking of. Could you explain again with maybe just a few more details where and how to do this. My Avast Pro version is 4.8

Thanks again  ;D

-= When you are in enhanced user interface [which is availabe only to PRO], there are what we call 'tasks'.. Tasks are commands we generate to run avast the way we want.. At first time, you'll find 4 default tasks that are also the tasks we used to see in simple user interface.. Still in enhanced user interface, you can make few tweaks like running contonuous scan to keep off those annoying dialog box saying "virus has been detected" that will pause the scan.. Here is an example of it:

1 Click "Go to Tasks folder"..
2 Right click "Scan Local Disks" --> create copy [rename with anything you want.. e.g. Continuous Thorough Scan]
3 Right click on the new task you just renamed & click properties..
4 Check the Advanced Configuration checkbox on the lower left..
5 Click Areas on the left pane.. You'll see the current coverage of scan.. If you want ot add more just click Add or if you want to scan specific file/folder click Browse..
6 Click Type on the left pane.. Check the Scan all files checkbox if you want a thorough scan.. or else.. leave it..
7 Click Sensitivity on the left pane.. Check the Test whole files & Ignore Virus targeting checkbox if you want a thorough scan or else leave it blank..
8 Click Virus on the left pane.. Here you can tell avast what to do when a virus is detected.. It is preset to choose an action.. If you want to automate it to prevent those dialog boxes asking for an action.. Click remove last word & select Move to chest [if you want to automatically move infected files to chest].. The rest is up to you..
9 Click Report on the left pane.. Check the Create Report file checkbox if you want a report..
10 That's all.. Now click OK.. Right click the task and click Run.. [You can change other settings in order to suit your needs..]

-= Whew.. that was my longest post in my history.. haha.. Hope it helps.. Feel free to correct my mistakes..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

quintass

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 01:47:11 AM »
I can't thank you enough chronoboi, that was some mini tutorial you wrote!
Followed it to the letter and it works perfect. Thank you again.
You should be a "Professional Tutorial Writer"   ;D

quint

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
-= Your always welcome..^^
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 02:19:15 AM »
Thnx chronoboi001, very usefull tutorial :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 10:15:07 AM »
-= Thank you..^^
avast! 9 RC1