Author Topic: I am new and could really use some help  (Read 4484 times)

pipsqueak

I am new and could really use some help
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:32:38 PM »
I am a web designer and I went to my website this morning and when I typed in my URL, I received an Avast Warning for Malware.  I have taken a screen shot and attached it to this post.

I have aborted the connection as I am unfamiliar with this type of warning and because I cannot understand why it has occurred.  I have checked all files on the server and cannot find anything relating to a file of this type.  I have also emptied my temp internet files.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to find and get rid of this?  Our reputation will be at great risk if people get malware from our webiste.

Our URL is http://www.pipsqueakwebdesigns.com.au

Thank you in advance for all help!!

Mr.Agent

Re: I am new and could really use some help
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 09:42:58 PM »
maybe your web is hacked ? i dont know i just say that like that

pipsqueak

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:04:36 PM »
Great, just what I did not want to hear!  :'(

So, how do I find out and where do I check for this file so I can get rid of it?????

I have never had any kind of virus or hacking with my website and I am very confused as to the process I should follow.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:09:51 PM »
Well pipsqueak,

I can reassure you, avast did not flag anything while visiting the link you gave there, clean.
Also Exploit Prevention Lab LinkScanner gives the all clear. Maybe it was just the computer you were on, or not related to visiting the specific website,

polonus

Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Mr.Agent

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 10:19:15 PM »
polonus i was go there and avast still warned me so well i dont know maybe a guy trying to exploit your web and he sucessed to do it ! you can download cxtra for anti exploit and maybe a anti dos for your web too but well i dont really know so mush for web protection so if u want help for web protection i suggest a friend or web master to explain you lol

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:26:07 PM »
I guess that pipsqueak must have removed the iframe tag that was causing the problem, as I do didn't get any alert and couldn't see an iframe tag in his home page...

Though we will have to wait for further input if pipsqueak has sorted it out.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mr.Agent

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 10:27:32 PM »
but its maybe a exploit infection for his website im not sure but exploit infection can act to the anti virus like a virus i think ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 12:12:49 AM »
Not on this malware name HTML:iframe-inf as it is specifically related to an iframe tag, present in the page that it alerts on.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

pipsqueak

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »
Thank you to all who were kind enough to respond to my pleas for help!!  You are obviously a great bunch of folks.

The reason for the HTML ifram.inf was a file in a program I bought over the net for making forms for on websites.  Obviously they were not as ethical as they claimed to be.

Anyhow, it is now all fixed and again I thank everyone.  It is good to know that a person can go to a friendly place and get help (and give it someday).

Cheers to all!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 04:33:12 PM »
You're welcome, thanks for the feedback.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2009, 04:35:35 PM »
nice web by the way xD