Author Topic: Unhandled exceptions  (Read 7397 times)

starbright57

Re: Unhandled exceptions
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 03:55:12 AM »
Thank you Wilbor.....I will try that.   Will get back to you later on how it worked

starbright57

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 05:42:20 AM »
Wilbor....I did everything as you suggested and went on the internet and now have a half dozen new ones.  I deleted all the old ones.  In January 2008, my computer had to be reformatted and they started way back then, although not as heavily as happening now.

So I installed a new copy in Janaury 2008 and Avast has been updating whenever they have something new.  I thought of deleting and reinstalling a new copy, but decided the repair job should have brought it up to date and fixed.   I don't know why I am getting so many now.

My only concern is that the program is working.   They do say "warnings" so I don't know.   Maybe they just come on when I visit a forum.   

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 10:08:15 AM »
We have identified the problem responsible for this.

As a temporary workaround, please turn off the Silent Mode in the WebShield provider (the problem only occurs if Silent Mode is on). I.e. click the avast (a)-ball taskbar icon, "Details >>", double click WebShield (in the list), go to the Advanced page and uncheck the box that says "Silent mode".

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 04:25:30 PM »

As a temporary workaround, please turn off the Silent Mode in the WebShield provider (the problem only occurs if Silent Mode is on). I.e. click the avast (a)-ball taskbar icon, "Details >>", double click WebShield (in the list), go to the Advanced page and uncheck the box that says "Silent mode".

Thanks
Vlk
Hope it'll be corrected in the next program update.
The best things in life are free.

wilbor

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »

Ahoj Vlk! Thank you for the good news.

My only concern is that the program is working.   They do say "warnings" so I don't know.
Hi, starbright57, did you ever hear about the "eicar testfile" ? Do a (google) search or go to http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm and follow the instructions.
Bye, Wilbor

starbright57

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 03:58:33 AM »
Thank you Vlk....I'll do that when I get that computer back up and running.  It crashed big time late Friday afternoon.  Got a black screen with NTLDR is compressed.  Have good advice on how to get it going.   That problem had nothing to do with Avast though.  Glad we got to the bottom of the problem.  Which I a glad to know really wasn't a problem, just the computer doing its "thing" in the silent mode.   Thank you again.