Author Topic: Dr.Web Cure.It  (Read 10674 times)

Avastfan1

Re: Dr.Web Cure.It
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »
Dear Avast Forum Gurus,

Firstly, thank-you all for the detailed and prompt response. The fact that experts have replied above and confirmed the 'false-positive' view is fantastic.

I am still undecided about Dr.Web Cure.It. Tech has outed himself (herself?) as a supporter whereas I see caution from other forum gurus. The comments from Polonus and DavidR are also insightful.

Perhaps I should further research the program. I must say I didn't find the Dr. Web Cure.IT forum very helpful. Admittedly it was only a quick look but the quality of the posts seemed to pale into insignificance compared to the Avast forum.

Thanks for the information and keep up the cracking work lads!

Avastfan1

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2009, 12:12:43 AM »
And Avastfan1 this is to be avoided:

Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, key-gens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs. They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites. Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users. The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications. Read P2P Software User Advisories and Risks of File-Sharing Technology. So I would go for Firefox with NoScript installed and active and the AdBlockPlus extension to block the ads and banners you do not want to show,

Be safe and secure online,
is the wish and command of,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 12:18:13 AM »
Tech has outed himself (herself?)
Himself for sure...
The best things in life are free.