Author Topic: System Restore  (Read 3197 times)

Gerri

System Restore
« on: May 04, 2004, 06:14:17 AM »
As advised, I disabled the System Restore feature to run the anti-virus.  My question is two fold about the System Restore.  

(1) Do I reactivate the System Restore after completion of scan?  

(2) Do I need to reboot? before reactivating? I thought I had read that somewhere here.  

(3)Why does this System Restore have to be disabled?  I never had to do that when using Norton.

TIA for your help! :D

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:System Restore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 04:58:50 PM »
(1) Do I reactivate the System Restore after completion of scan?  

You do Not have to disable it to use avast. Only to clean certian viruses that reside in the restore folder
(2) Do I need to reboot? before reactivating? I thought I had read that somewhere here.  
It is not required but I HIGHLY recommend it.

3)Why does this System Restore have to be disabled?  I never had to do that when using Norton.
You do Not have to disable it to use avast. Only to clean certian viruses that reside in the restore folder
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Gerri

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 05:12:58 PM »
Thanks for your response...

One more question on disabling system restore..... you say you only need to  disable when virus is found....however .... it won't allow me to delete "access denied" so don't I have to disable the system restore prior to scanning?

CharleyO

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 08:26:34 PM »

Gerri - ONLY IF a virus is found in the System Restore folder.    :)

Gerri

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 08:33:19 PM »
Gotcha!  Thanks for you patience! :)