Author Topic: Help with Opera  (Read 2810 times)

hines232

Help with Opera
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:21:35 AM »
I am now the prowed owner of OPERA (latest). ;D Am busy digging in to it. Question: How do I keep the tabs UP, for the web sights I have visited ? Right now they all disappear except for the web sight I am looking at. Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Help with Opera
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 05:56:06 PM »
tools > preferences > advanched > tabs
btw, Opera 9.64 build 10487 is the latest.

hines232

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 07:39:08 PM »
Thanks Eddy, for the hit !. I had finally figured it out, and really like Opera, EXCEPT It is so SLOW. Probably MY system. Thanks again. ( I should say It's about as fast as my old IE6, Guess I expected more.)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 03:52:28 AM »
It can be caused by other things you have running. Do not load things when windows starts that are nog really needed like messengers, automatic updaters (java, adobe and such). It can make a difference.

Another thing you may want to do is (if you have XP):
Right click "my computer" > properties > advanched tab > settings for performances > set it to best performance

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »
It can be caused by other things you have running. Do not load things when windows starts that are nog really needed like messengers, automatic updaters (java, adobe and such). It can make a difference.

Another thing you may want to do is (if you have XP):
Right click "my computer" > properties > advanched tab > settings for performances > set it to best performance

Read their signature!

They are running WinME.

What does "Do not load things when windows starts that are nog really needed like messengers" mean?

hines232

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 03:54:48 PM »
Think he ment  "nut". Ha ! Thanks  Guys. :P