Author Topic: what's this critter -- help  (Read 2541 times)

vin5

what's this critter -- help
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:57:28 AM »
my browser i.e.  opens 46 times and the keyboard gets locked - the iconn on desktop flash - all text fields  get taken over by a text like this )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) avast dosnt detect it - i tried spybot sd reg cleaner dr web  adware and a dozen other and still wont die  need help killing this animal ---------- thanx

beaker

Re: what's this critter -- help
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:38:17 AM »
Are you using a wireless kb/mouse combo because i had the same problem. my receiver was faulty.

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 05:58:54 AM »

And possibly, a stuck key on the keyboard.

vin5

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:42:31 AM »
i changed out the mouse & key board a few times - it's vir. -trog. worm what ever???  i need to find out what it is and how to get rid of it . any app. that i try to type into it just takes over and does this ---->))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))   

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »
I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.