Author Topic: avast don't start!  (Read 2477 times)

gianbattista88

avast don't start!
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:42 PM »
i have a problem, i'm sorry for my english, i'm italian..
when i start ashAvast.exe, the window of the test memory starts, but after that it don't open avast.. i can do it many times, but is always the same.. what can i do? i have pro edition, windows xp sp2, and IE7.
help me please..
thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast don't start!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 06:37:09 PM »
First you shouldn't need to use this to start avast, it should start automatically on boot.

That is normally used in safe mode to start avast and allow you to run an on-demand scan. What was it that you were hoping to achieve by clicking this desktop icon ?

However, no matter what it was, there is a problem as it should open the Simple User Interface or Enhanced User Interface in the Pro version if you have that option selected.

Have (or did) you another AV installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

gianbattista88

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:51:34 PM »
i not run ashAvast.exe, i just click avast icon on the desktop, but it dont open after the routine and test memory, it just close..
no, i buoght avast 1 year ago..
what i have to do?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 08:37:14 PM »
As I said you shouldn't need to click that icon as avast is running.
So why do you click it, what is it that you are trying to do ?

How have you run on-demand scans during the year you have had avast Pro ?

Is it not rime to get a new pro license after a year ?
Check the about avast (right click on the avast 'a' icon in the tray) that will tell you when it expires, though that shouldn't have this effect even if it were out of date and you should be getting reminders to renew the license.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security