Author Topic: Can Not Install Avast 4.8 home (Log inside)  (Read 25159 times)

poulabas

Re: Can Not Install Avast 4.8 home (Log inside)
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2009, 06:40:37 PM »
Eddy, I ran Memtest86+ v2.11to your request and all tests passed.

I am pretty sure that Avast must not be compatible with this laptop since it is the only software that crashes my computer when trying to update the vps incremental from the internet.

I have tested hardware extensively and I went through 3 windows xp installation from scratch. Even if as soon as windows xp finished installing, Avast would not install but in safe mode.

Alwil, do you want to buy my computer?

cazoza

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2009, 06:54:40 PM »
maybe is because your windows has components that have not been updated, why dont you try to do a Microsoft Update, and after that update, maybe it could install. As an observation, i had some installation issues in a win xp pro 64 bits, but all gone after microsoft update. And i downloaded and installed latest version from avast. thats all. Hope it works. Take care.

poulabas

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2009, 07:12:03 PM »
alanrf, I have tried your suggestion and took all the update from microsoft, including ie 7. Unfortunately, I still can not install avast.

Sorry you missed this post, 1 page bottom.

cazoza

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2009, 07:20:05 PM »
You pc has a SSD HDD, am i right? maybe it has something to do with the configuration of your pc, but why dont you try updating your .Net framework to latest, 3.5 SP1. And also why dont you try COMODO System Cleaner, and do a powerclean.

You can download COMODO System Cleaner at http://system-cleaner.comodo.com/download.html
and the .Net framework from here http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

poulabas

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 12:59:42 AM »
1- When I say all updates, it also means Microsoft Net framework 1.1 and 3.5.

2- I don't need to do any clean up, I am on a fresh XP install.

3- My machine has a true 80 GB hdd 1.8 inch at 4200 rpm.

cazoza

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2009, 04:47:31 AM »
Well, the clean up will clean all registry keys that are invalid, as shortcuts, and other stuff, it doesnt matter if it is a clean install or not, windows has errors in the registry and they are not fixed by magic, i suggest you to do the power clean, maybe some file is corrupt or something is wrong in the windows registry or in some dll, and this will fix it. Im trying to help you, so you could try it, you dont have anything to lose. In every machine i have checked, there is always some errors in windows, and the comodo system cleaner helps to make windows to run better and to fix the errors.

poulabas

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2009, 02:10:53 AM »
I agree XP is not perfect, however, I currently have around 25 programs installed on my machine and Avast is the only one that crashes my machine on install and updates.

So until something improves, I will running with Avira...

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2009, 02:40:48 AM »
I regret the problems you have encountered and I understand your decision.  You have given avast a very good chance.

I can only report that for me and the folks I directly support avast is a great product but there may well be circumstances (sorry we did not find the root of them) that prevent it being the same experience for you.  avast has more than 75 million users (I suspect that the largest segment may still be on XP) and, for almost all of them, it works well.  I know that does not help you today ... I hope that, if you experience problems with other solutions, you will give avast another try and that it will prove itself to you.

poulabas

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2009, 01:30:45 AM »
Hey people, thanks for the good words. This is a great forum, and I have had great support to my problems.

I haven't really given up. Avast free home edition is at the top for many virus, malware and spyware detection. It's also very CPU light (beside update installation) which is very important for me.

I have also been contacted by an Alwil programmer to help me find the problems.

That's very good support if you ask me.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2009, 01:37:18 AM »
Support is a thing often forgotten when deciding what to go with, it is a shame you have had to go through the pain though.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

hm2k

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
I'm also having this problem here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=43846.0

No solution yet.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 05:34:44 PM »
I'm also having this problem here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=43846.0

No solution yet.
It's boring the recursive post :P
The best things in life are free.

poulabas

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2009, 01:16:49 AM »
Well, it's April and no solution have been found so far for my beloved evil laptop. ;D

dark1357

« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 04:11:38 PM »
Guys try this it works for me... because i also have the same error and i successfully installed it by doing this

1. Delete files of avast! including folders,log file,avast setup, etc.
2. Go to the command prompt type regedit and use ctrl+f(or right click then find)
   and type avast
3. Delete all registry of avast(most of the files are in the hkey_users)
   note: be careful in deleting registries(im sure you dont want to mess up your registry)
4. After deleting all files and registry now download the setup in www.avast.com
5. The setup will run smoothly without error (it works for me ^_^) and didnt even use any
   programs

Hope this solution works! :)

Great day!