Author Topic: Trojan JS:ScriptlP-inf[Trj]  (Read 13268 times)

pig-pen

Trojan JS:ScriptlP-inf[Trj]
« on: March 10, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »
I keep getting warntings that "A Trojan Horse Was Found".  The only option that I have is to "Abort connection".  According to this link: http://www.avast.com/eng/virus_detection_and.html#idt_6862, I can't delete this virus as it's not actually on your computer. It is in fact somewhere on the net and was detected by one of the avast! resident providers - Web Shield. This provider scans all files that are downloaded via the Internet (HTTP protocol) before they're saved onto your local disk. The only action that can be taken is to abort the connection and not allow the virus to download.

So my question is how do I stop getting these warnings?  Is there a file on my computer that needs to be deleted?  This warning pops up about 100 times/day.

Thanks in advance

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: Trojan JS:ScriptlP-inf[Trj]
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »
Hi pig-pen,

Read this for removal info: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090225014828AAIDZXT

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

pig-pen

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »
no support at that link ... I am looking for a definitive answer first to know if this trojan is on my computer, if it is not (which is what the link that i provided from avast says), then how do i stop getting alerts from avast.  I get about 100 popups (or more) per day from avast warning me of this trojan.

the only answer that i have gotten anywhere is to use a web browser other than Internet Explorer ( which did help) however, for various reasons, i can not completely abandone Internet Explorer.

vdraganv

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 09:52:43 PM »
I have same problem.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 10:08:04 PM »
Hi vdraganv,

This has nothing to do with a trojan on your computer, avast prevented that because it prevented the site with malcode on it to download the malware onto your computer, your computer was disconnected from staying there. It is just that the webmaster of the site did not find a malcode injection of his scripts for the site. Not every webmaster is able to protect his code or server code or has an insecure hoster, so it is not your fault, nor avast's (avast protected your computer from getting infected), but the Internet at the moment is getting infected all over the place with malcode through malicious hidden iFrame scripts, some obfuscated, SQL injections and the like. This means that we do not know at the moment what trusted sites are to be trusted, and we must be glad that avast protects us.
The only thing you can do is get into contact with the webmaster or hoster or abuse admin of the infested site in question and ask them to clean up their acts, cleanse and update their vulnerable software, and protect visitors from being infected with trojans and other malware,

polonus
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 10:15:05 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:18 PM »
no support at that link ... I am looking for a definitive answer first to know if this trojan is on my computer, if it is not (which is what the link that i provided from avast says), then how do i stop getting alerts from avast.  I get about 100 popups (or more) per day from avast warning me of this trojan.

the only answer that i have gotten anywhere is to use a web browser other than Internet Explorer ( which did help) however, for various reasons, i can not completely abandone Internet Explorer.

1. There can't be a definitive answer as there isn't enough information to say exactly why you are getting the alert.
Give some examples of the detections.

e.g. What is the infected file name, where was it found e.g. (C:\windows\system32\infected-file-name.xxx or full URL, see #### below) ?

Check the avast! Log Viewer (right click the avast 'a' icon), Warning section, this contains information on all avast detections. C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashLogV.exe - Or check the source file using notepad C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Warning.log
####
When posting URLs to suspect sites, change the http to hXXp so the link isn't active (clickable) avoiding accidental exposure.

If this is alerting at a site you regularly visite then it is likely that the site has been hacked.

If you aren't visiting the site that the alert is on, then it may be that you have a browser hijack or undetected/hidden malware trying to connect to it on your system.

2. Changing browser wouldn't stop the alert as that is independent of the browser, however other browser may well leave you less vulnerable to browser hijacking. Such as BHOs are commonly used to exploit the browser, activeX too, both of which are in IE.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:39:22 AM »
Generally, avast detection is accurate in these cases.
Isn't it an encrypted/obfuscated script or iframe?
Wasn't the site hacked?
The best things in life are free.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 12:45:18 AM »
Wasn't the site hacked?

Wasn't the site hacked?

Wasn't the site hacked?

???
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:48:25 AM by Donovansrb10 »
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 12:53:27 AM »
???
The same answer to the same questions...

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 12:56:34 AM »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 12:57:03 AM »

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 12:58:57 AM »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 01:03:12 AM »
I don't get it. :P
You've surprised of my similar posts. I've said I've tried to give same answers to the same situations. Infected (or hacked) websites.

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2009, 01:18:05 AM »
I don't get it. :P
You've surprised of my similar posts. I've said I've tried to give same answers to the same situations. Infected (or hacked) websites.

Ummmmmmmmmm............. :) and ;) and :D and ;D and >:( and :( and :o and 8) and ??? and ::) and :P and :-[ and :-X and :-\ and :-* and :'(...

Now I know what your talking about. ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2009, 02:11:05 AM »
If your contribution isn't going to help the Original Poster then don't contribute.

This is meant to be a support forum and you have just made four posts which make no contribution to helping the OP.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security