Author Topic: Can't play my 12 Sky game due to blockage.  (Read 4522 times)

.Cobra

Can't play my 12 Sky game due to blockage.
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:25:05 AM »
I downloaded the free MMORPG 12 Sky, and Avast came up saying that it was blocking certain parts of the program and asked me if I wanted it to continue doing so, and I accidentally hit yes. Long story short, now i'm not able to play the game due to it being "blocked", I guess. How exactly would I get avast to stop blocking it? I have the free version, if that helps...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Can't play my 12 Sky game due to blockage.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 02:39:32 PM »
Can you inform the file as being a false positive? (click on the bottom right of the virus warning message).

To know if a file is a false positive, please submit it to VirusTotal and let us know the result. VirusTotal has a file size limit of 10Mb. You can use VirScan also.
If it is indeed a false positive, send it in a password protected zip to virus@avast.com. Please, mention in the body of the message why you think it is a false positive and the password used. Thanks.

Maybe you need to disable Hide protected operating system files and enable View hidden files and folders to manage the file(s).

As a workaround, you can add these files to the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning) exclusion list.
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize. Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...
You can use wildcards like * and ?. But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.
The best things in life are free.

.Cobra

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 03:29:05 PM »
I don't understand what you're saying, no offense. Avast popped up and just told me it was blocking certain parts of the program, *12 Sky, in this case* and wanted to know if I would like it to continue to do so. I accidentally hit yes instead of no, so now part of it is blocked and I can't play it. It never said it was infected, and never came up with a virus warning.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 03:53:04 PM »
You could have send the file to avast Chest. You can open it and restore it if you think it's clean.
If you deleted the file, you'll need to install the program again.
I just posted that for you to be sure it's a clean file (false positive) and not a really infected one.
The best things in life are free.