Author Topic: Can't create avast! NetClient installation package  (Read 6348 times)

permolt

Can't create avast! NetClient installation package
« on: March 09, 2009, 10:22:59 PM »
Hi guys,

Recently installed adnm on a server and am having some issues with deploying it. I can't seem to create a netclient installation package in the adnm console.

When I try to I get:

Heading = Admin.ini does not exist
Error message = Admin.ini file has not been created yet. Click the "Edit..." button to create it.

When I try click on "Edit..." I get:

Heading = The operation completed successfully
Error message = The installation package could not be edited. This usually means that the AMS updating mirror has not been properly initialized.

How can I check my AMS updating mirror settings are correct and what would cause this to not work properly? When I try to "Show AMS mirror status" the page doesn't load.

- permolt

av-outsource

Re: Can't create avast! NetClient installation package
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 03:01:26 PM »
Hi, did the mirror process complete correctly? It sounds like parts are missing.

run mirror.exe and let it complete. then try again. you do need to select edit and then go throught he config with next next etc to get the package to create.

It does sound like the mirror didn't replicate correctly.

permolt

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
When I try to run mirror.exe I get the following message: "Error: Mail: you want to send mails, but you haven't specified any SMTP server"

I've tried a couple of smtp server addresses under the adnm 'settings' , 'smtp' section but still get this error message.

Any ideas?

thanks,

- permolt

permolt

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 09:45:33 PM »
Update: Reinstalled adnm and it seems to be ok now.