Author Topic: I can´t licence avast. License key invalid!  (Read 6276 times)

Lanchi

I can´t licence avast. License key invalid!
« on: March 12, 2009, 04:26:23 PM »
Hi

i have a problem with free home eddition of avast 4.8. I´m not sure if I´m allowed to post questions here regarding this free product but I dont know where else to ask.
I downloaded avast free eddition and installed it, i registred too and recieved a licence key but when i try to insert it into the program I get massege that it is an ivalid license key. I read FAQ and tried many tips i found there and elswhere on the net but nothiing works. I used copy/paste to insert the license key. i tried to reinstall and even register again and try another license key but i got the same massege.
Anyone has same problem or maybe some suggestions what is the problem here ?
Thanx
P.S I use Win Xp Service pack 3.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: I can´t licence avast. License key invalid!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 05:08:36 PM »
The free and pro versions users are able to post in this forum.

There has recently been a problem with some keys in that they are in two parts one is based on the number of user downloads, etc. and that managed to exceed the total character number for the key when the two parts were combined. So roughly when did you register/download this key ?

That problem should have been corrected, so it might be best to re-register again, choosing the third option (below) or they would send you a duplicate of the old one associated with the email address you used when you first registered (if you used the same email address). This may have been what happened you got the same key back.

I'm a registered user and my registration key has expired, I need a new one

In any case there isn't any rush as the demo/trial key that comes with avast is good for 60 days use.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ProgrammerGuy

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 10:09:57 PM »
I've seen it mentioned in other threads that you must take care not to copy and paste any spaces when copying the license key from the email you receive...  ;)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 10:33:52 PM »
Yes, but I don't believe that is the case here, as Lanchi has read the relevant F.A.Qs which I believe mention the trailing space.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Lanchi

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »
I solved the problem. I re-registred as you said with a new e-mail adress and recieved a new license key and it was no problem.
Thanks för help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 03:48:41 PM »
No problem, glad I could help.

Welcome to the forums.