Author Topic: Would you TRY Symantec Norton 360 version 3?  (Read 16587 times)

mevcit

Re: Would you TRY Symantec Norton 360 version 3?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2009, 10:55:54 AM »
But, for me it did, I need to wait for website to load 100% and then show for me, the progress of files that I was loading were 0% and after a while 100%... the progress was still 0% until that download complete and then 100% and not showing 1% 2% 3% and....
Forgive me about my bad English, I don't know how to say that in English :(
Yes, you're right Omid. And my English isn't that good too, so i can understand you well. ;D

The web shield of Avast and the one of Avira work totally different. Avira web guard doesn't let internet flow continuously through the concerned applications. We can see the same situation for G DATA.

Avast web shield has a different working method, i dunno how to tell in both Turkish and English. ;D But internet traffic and download operations flow smoothly with Avast web shield. And it can abort the connections of malicious ones successfully. These two features are what i love about Avast. :)

YoKenny, maybe your internet connection speed is a bit higher, so you may not feel the slowness. But i suggest you to pay attention the download speeds while downloading something. In fact, the total time of download operations doesn't differ so much, however, the case Omid stated is true. My connection speed is 100 Mbps and i can see the web guard effect obviously (not while surfing, but downloading sth; and it is effective on surfing if the connection speed is slow). And IE8 has nothing to do with this case, and also i must say that IE8 is really fast, works fine. Each tab works as an independent process just like in Chrome. This is so important since it prevents the browser from crashing with its all tabs.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:00:12 AM by mevcit »

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2009, 02:06:07 PM »
-= I just lost my trust in it.. I kept trying it, norton 2005, '06, '08, '09, but still heavy.. It seems that only state of the art computers shall be able to function well with norton..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »
@mevcit: Thanks for great reply!

@chronoboi001: yes, it WAS! ;)
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

Offline .: L' arc :.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Thinking with Portals
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2009, 02:02:17 AM »
-= I guess Norton has a great potential as an antivirus only if it was less heavier.. Based on what I experienced in Norton '08, there are some background processes in Norton that hogs up the memory, and worse, I didn't really need those processes.. Moreover, updates took very much time due to its numerous services which I do not actually need like Trusted Applications List.. The interface is really exceptional but it also add up to the hogging.. Maybe a more compact & tabbed interface will help it..
Windows 7 (64-bit) Home Premium SP1
avast! 9 RC1