Author Topic: Can configuration & settings be exported (for reuse in a fresh install)?  (Read 2198 times)

VanguardLH

Say that I already have Avast installed.  I may need to perform a fresh installation (uninstall & reinstall), do a fresh install of the OS (hence a fresh install of Avast), or want to install Avast on another host using the same settings and configuration that I have for Avast on the first host.  So is there any way to export all the program settings, antivirus program settings (on-demand scanner), and the configuration of each real-time "shield"?

I have changed the program settings and would like them that way again after a fresh install of Avast.  I have several domains listed in URL blocking in the Web Shield and don't want to manually recompile that list over time.  I upped their heuristics for the Outlook add-on.  I don't want to record ALL these settings and configuration on some paper so I can restore them when I do a fresh install of Avast.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Only on avast Professional.
If you install avast at the same folder in the same computer, some settings could be transfered copying avast4.ini and avast4.db from avast\data folder.
The best things in life are free.

VanguardLH

Pity.  Thanks for replying.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Pity.  Thanks for replying.
You're welcome. Feel free to come back any time you need help or just to change experiences 8)
The best things in life are free.