Author Topic: Avast and Spyware terminator Compatiblilty  (Read 2340 times)

Tomtom

Avast and Spyware terminator Compatiblilty
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:20:11 AM »
For some months I have had a problem with my computor, laptop with updated Vista Home Premium running Avast and Spyware Terminator. I use Zone Alarm with Adaware, Malwarebyte and Spybot for occasional scan but not active. After booting and using internet with Internet Explorer, web pages would no longer load, Internet Exp could be shut down, but according to Task Manager it was still running and attempts to end process didn't work. Other programs could access internet normally.

The problem could only be fixed by rebooting but when shut down or restart were selected, nothing would happen for about 5 mins then it would turn off.   A few days ago I discovered that by turning off Avast, the computer would return to normal and if Avast was reactivated it was ok for a while then the same no loading problem.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Avast but same problem showed up.  I then turned off Spyware Term and activated resident protection in Adaware and haven't had a problem since. Is there a problem with ST and Avast and am I just as well protected with Avast and Adaware as with Avast and ST?

Tom

brockey01

Re: Avast and Spyware terminator Compatiblilty
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 06:49:33 AM »
adware is on demand only while ST has HIPS and realtime.

right now ST is at ver. 2.6.0.110. and Avast will alart everytime it updates. ST will ask for install mode on avast.setup all you need to do to fix this issue is all avast to the whitelist.

I have told the ST team about this so it should be fixed soon.