Author Topic: Remote Install file-ArdamaxKyelogger-Avast KEEP DETECTING IT....everytime  (Read 2596 times)

Andreea84

Hello, first of all i want to say that i've searched and i didn't find any ”answer” for the problem, and i can't consider in my calculations filters like Naomi internet filter or the Exclusion function of Avast.

I use Avast! on my computer and also my kids on their computer. I need to keep an eye on them especially that i travel a lot and someone else is taking care of them. Thats why i bought the keylogger. HERE'S THE PROBLEM!>>> when i send the remote installation file to them, Avast poping up a message and my son delete the file thinking that it is infected. And no matter if i tell him to press No Action button.....it appears again as a threat. i told him not to worry and to press NO ACTION button, the ardamax keylogger installed on their computer and it worked BUT next thing in the morning i didn't received logs anymore because Avast alerted him again and he got scared and deleted it.
I dont want to tell them to uninstall Avast because it is a very good program, i use it for very long time also. A friend was telling me something about the avast-update-virus database. Can you ”tell” Avast not to alert when it detects the ardamax keylogger?? using the update mode? [Exclusion function or other internet filters aren't consider in the calculations]
Is there any keylogger that is not detectable by Avast? Thank You

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
You need to use the Exclusion lists:

For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demand scanning such as the screen-saver or the Simple User Interface):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...

You can use wildcards like * and ?.
But be careful, you should 'exclude' that many files that let your system in danger.

For parental control, I suggest www.k9webprotection.com.
I've translated Naomi filter but it's out of development since a long time ago...
The best things in life are free.